Sustainable business - Ruinemans Aquarium BV
Through our product :
- We comply with the regulations of CITES
- We do not trade in genetically engineered fish
- We do not manipulate in color other than through fish feed
- We respect wild seasons- when buying wild-caught fish from designated areas. This way we support the local economy and therefore prevent locals from cutting down trees ("Buy a fish, save a tree")
- We encourage the breeding of several popular wild ornamental fish, where possible locally to keep the transport needs as short as possible.
Through our business :
- We extract heat from wastewater using buffers and a heat pump
- In the summer cool our building through the water needed for next day's use with water changes of our tropical fish.
- Our set of 416 solar panels produces 100.000 kWh per year
- Our freezing storage uses state of the art CO2 technology hence ready for 2021 regulations and saving up to 30% energy compared to traditional technology.
- The heat generated by the freezing system is re-used for heating water for use with the tropical fish.
- Our order processing takes place virtually paperless
- Our plastic and cardboard waste is collected and processed separately.
- Our polystyrene boxes are taken back for free and reused
- Our fleet is on average no more than 3 years old so the latest technology and fuel efficiency is applied.